9/10/08

Seeing Stars In West Yellowstone

No, not the celestial stars, Hollywood stars. Actually, a Hollywood Star - one and only one.

You should have seen us at the local grocery store (much too small to call a supermarket) today. As we got out of the car MLA stopped to admire a couple of enthusiastic & friendly dogs inside an old, beat up SUV. Three dogs, including a huge St Bernard were having a great time inside the SUV -- and you know what an animal lover she is, especially dogs.



Anyhow, we went inside and, as we turned to go down the first aisle, I see a guy with a very familiar face. I was unable to immediately put a name to the face. I knew I had seen that face in the movies and/or on TV. However, wanting to respect this person's space, I simply smiled and walked by.


MLA on the other hand, OMG! Her face went through about six different expressions in 1.2 nanoseconds: shock, surprise, recognition, pleasure, shyness, and excitement. Probably a few others that I missed but her face was a real delight to watch. This Hollywood star, who was only 4 feet away, enjoyed watching her reaction. He quickly grinned, as if to say, yeah, it's me. And then he said "Hi there" and gave her a big electric smile as he walked by. I thought MLA was going to pass out right there.

Both of us stopped and tried to remember who it was we had just (partially) recognized. He asked the cashier a few questions and then went outside and jumped into the SUV with the three dogs and was gone.

Finally we realized it was William Devane. We heard he owns a house somewhere near here. In any case it was very cool to see him and MLA was excited all afternoon.

William Devane (2005, image courtesy of Wireimage.com)






BTW - I missed providing a blog update several times this week. It seems my insides and I have had a small difference of opinion and the insides won. However, I went to see the doctor and I'm back in the saddle.

Sorry for missing a couple of blogs entries however I just wasn't feeling all that well. The doctor prescribed some antibiotics and I should be good to go from here on out.


Tomorrow we move from West Yellowstone, Montana to Jackson, Wyoming where we will explore Grand Teton National Park for a couple of days.


See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map