9/16/08

Boise, Idaho: Another Beautiful Day in High Desert Country

Another perfect day in Boise. The weather is warm with clear blue skies and the pool water was just the right temperature. MLA & I ran a few errands in the am before spending a little 'quality time' at the pool swimming and reading.

This afternoon, we met my good friend John H, who gave us a terrific tour of Boise and gave us some great ideas for side trips in the Boise area. This evening we had dinner with John & Lorraine plus four of their 6 children at the RAM in downtown Boise. Lots of great food and good story telling. Three of his children are competing in an Irish Dance competition this weekend.

John & Lorraine lavish lots of attention and love on their family and it shows. Despite they ages (three teenagers and one pre-teen), each is engaging and an able story teller. What fun to listen to their stories and see the world through the eyes of youth and possibility. The whole family has a terrific way of making you feel welcome and like a member of the family within minutes.

We hated for the evening to end and say our goodbye's, however I know we'll be back to explore more of this great state. Next time we'll be able to explore more of Idaho, especially Northern Idaho, which has some of the most spectacular wilderness in the US. Another of those rare states where almost every road is a scenic drive.... Awesome!

Remember I said I needed one part, a capacitor, to complete the A/C repair on our bedroom A/C? First thing yesterday morning I called a left a message with a mobile RV service company; apparently a husband and wife team. He does the repairs and she books the appointments/runs the office.

Well she finally called us back this morning about 9 am to see why we left the message yesterday morning. I explained what we need and she said her husband would call back to discuss the repair. Just before lunch he calls, we discuss the repair & I explained we are only in town one week and we have already lost one day. He tells me he needs to come 'inspect' the unit before ordering the needed part. Except, he can't schedule the call. He tells me his wife will call me back to schedule an appointment.

All day we wait for her call & guess what. Never heard from her.

So about 4pm I call the service department of Seventh Heaven, a local RV dealer, and explain the problem to the service manager/writer John. He takes the VIN#, model # and S/N of the A/C unit and says he'll check with his parts department. He calls me back to tell me they have ordered the part, requested expedited delivery, and think the part will be in by 11 am tomorrow. If not tomorrow, certainly on Thursday. Hows that for customer service? Excellent.

Meanwhile, two days have elapsed with the Mobile RV Service and we don't even have a time scheduled for them to look at the a/c unit before they order the part. How's that for customer service? Terrible.

I mean, is business so good they can afford to just ignore customers? Many RV'ers would be staying less than a week. What a shame. And believe me, I'll share my thoughts with them if & when they finally call to schedule the inspection.

In any case, I let you know what happens with both of these companies.

Looking forward to another great day in Boise -- See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map