9/18/08

Boise, Idaho: Finally, We Have Air Conditioning

You'll be glad to know (well, I'm glad to know) we have two functioning air conditioners. All ready to blast us into the deep freeze of bliss if/when we encounter the hot, hot weather down south in Nevada and/or Arizona.

The second capacitor ordered yesterday did not fix the problem however the dealer, Seventh Heaven, was able to both troubleshoot and fix the problem today. Took all afternoons but they got it resolved. What a relief knowing we can enjoy more of the Boise weather and hospitality without moving the coach back and forth to the dealer.

It appears the original repair company wired the motor incorrectly and fried the controller in the bedroom. MLA said from the beginning she didn't think the folks in West Yellowstone had a clue and it appears she is right.

Seventh Heaven also worked with us to minimize the cost to us for the two separate capacitors, each with $40 overnight shipping charges. They worked hard to both fix the problem and ensure we were satisfied. Definitely recommend their service department -- they were great to work with.

And now that we don't have to break camp, move the RV, and then set-up camp again tomorrow, MLA will finally be able to enjoy the whole day at the pool if she so desires.

After picking up the RV from the dealer late this afternoon I took the RV to a truck/RV car wash where they hand wash your vehicle for $1.00 per foot (rounded up to the closet 10 feet). So our 38 foot RV was washed for $40, a real bargain. Having washed the RV by hand all by myself on several occasions I will tell you I had no problem paying $40.

Of course, washing the RV today means that it will rain at some point tomorrow however I don't care. We'll still be able to get in plenty of sun & fun.

Oh, almost forgot to tell you about our little excitement while setting up the RV after getting it washed. I was outside connecting all the utilities when MLA came out and let me know I did not put the can of dry lubricant used for the RV slide-outs away properly. When she opened the slides the can was caught between a fixed wall and the slide-out causing it to explode.

The aerosol can not only exploded making a loud bang, apparently it became a flying projectile inside the coach. MLA is sure the can was chasing her around the RV. Just my luck I was outside; I would have loved to have seen her expression and antics of running around. Come to think of it, maybe it was better I was outside. Needless to say this scared MLA quite a bit and she might have verbally abused me... Fortunately it did not make a huge mess.

Also, needless to say, I was in the doghouse. Cost me dinner at Perkins to get back in her good graces (don't tell MLA we had to leave while we aired out the coach anyway, she thinks we went out just for her).

See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map