1/20/09

Quartzsite, Arizona: Hitting The Sauce Again

Well, we arrived in Quartzsite, AZ today as planned, right around 4:15 pm. Perfect timing really as happy hour started at 5 pm.


Perfect, because it gave us just enough time to set-up camp. Everyone attending the happy hour was asked to bring a 'heavy' h'orderves to share. Not sure exactly of what a 'heavy' h'orderves was MLA decided to go with our standard cheese, crackers and sausage. We put plenty of stuff on there to ensure it met the 'heavy' requirement, grabbed our drinks and made the commute about 20 yards away to the Happy Hour circle of Tiffin owners.

Turns out heavy h'orderves is food heavy enough to keep you from having to prepare dinner -- who knew?



In any case there are about 20 Tiffin owners along with some of their SOB friends. SOB's are "Some Other Brand" of RV. Within the Tiffin owners group, all are welcome.



I'll make this short since we are dry camping. I have limited electrical power in the RV because I running off of the batteries unless I run the generator, which I don't want to do at night.


Plus I've been hitting the sauce again -- Dick's Hot Salsa from New Mexico. I've had some of that hot sauce every night for last 4 days; I'm down to less than 1/2 a jar. This stuff is incredible.


Looked for it at the Walmart this afternoon however they do not carry that brand. I grabbed another brand of hot salsa -- and I'll be 'hitting the sauce' later tonight to compare the new hot salsa with Dick's hot salsa.

Tomorrow we go exploring the big RV & Mineral events in Quartzsite.

Hopefully I can get a few pictures tomorrow to show you just how crazy it is here in the desert. RV's camping in the desert for miles around.

See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map