2/4/09

Casa Grande, AZ: Rebecca Dawn Live From Branson, MO

Tonight we attended one of the live entertainment shows Palm Creek offers on a regular basis. IN this case it was Rebeca Dawn & Joe who perform in Branson, Missouri most of the year.

This may be the hardest working lady in show business. I was exhausted just watching her entertain the crowd. She's a singer who covers a wide range of music, although country was her main focus.

She's the type of entertainer who goes into the crowd and gets them to help her sing some of the songs. At one point she says "You people are such good singers, the whole time we were singing, I was wondering about something. You people want to go on the road?".

At which point one lady yells out "We are on the road". Too funny. All in all, Mary Lynn and I had a good time.

Earlier today I had a chance to get caught up with my good friend Jack S. He and I worked together for years and Jack has a great sense of humor. He's one of those people who can tell funny stories for hours.

He let me know his beautiful wife Cathy has taken up a new hobby/craft: woodcarving. He told me she completed a couple of pieces, which the best he can determine cost $812.37 each -- which he thought was not bad for a troll and a Santa (each about 3 inches tall). Jack went on to tell me that on the down side, Cathy has slowed down a little after stabbing herself in the hand. She is a bleeder...who knew.

It was great to spend some time with Jack and hear about how things are at 'the old salt mine'. Sounds like the old saying " Same Stuff, Different Day" still applies. I miss the people but not the rest of it.

I read a quote today that said "Twenty years from now you will only regret the things you didn't do, not the things you did do".

This is a really special time for MLA and I; we are incredibly fortunate to be able to see the country and meet so many great people.

See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map