1/28/09

Casa Grande, Arizona: Warm & Clean; Slightly Water Logged

Mary Lynn's sister, Carol, called MLA yesterday; they talk often and we always enjoys hearing from her. In fact, we always enjoy hearing from our family and friends. So keep those calls coming; it helps us stay in touch and really makes us feel connected.

In any case, Carol told MLA she was not happy with me. You may remember I wrote, somewhat disparagingly, about the temperature recently only being in the mid-60's here in Arizona. Specifically I wanted to know who turned off the heat.

Well, Carol wanted to let us know that mid-60's sounded pretty darn good when the temperatures in Maryland were in the lower 20's and sometimes even lower.

Now I know Carol said she was calling because the temperatures in Maryland had been so low however I really know she was concerned that MLA, and especially myself, might be suffering from the low (mid-60's) temperatures.

I just want to let Carol, and anyone else who is concerned about our well being, have no fear. Today the temperature was in the the low-70's and it's expected to get slightly warmer over the next few days right through the weekend. Perfect weather for water volleyball...

And Carol, thanks for the concern; your love & concern make me feel warm all over... or is that the warmth from the sun... Oh well, it feels good whatever the cause...

A lot of parks here in the West don't allow you to wash your RV (or any vehicle) while staying in their park. Mostly, I believe, a concern about conserving water. So when I get to a park that allows the washing of RVs, I try to take advantage of that perk.

When we were here in October of last year, I washed the RV. You have to make sure the side you are washing is not in direct sunlight since it dries too quickly. It took me three days to get all the sides completed, working about 4 hours a day to wash the RV. Climbing up and down the ladders with all the washing, drying, and polishing was exhausting however the RV looked great.

So I've wanted to wash the RV since we arrived. Well, the other day I see a young man washing the RV behind me with a power washer mounted on a trailer. Thinking I might be able to rent the power washer, as I've done before, I went over to talk to him. Turns out he and his brother have a business where they wash & wax RVs (and homes) for a living, although with the low prices they charge I'm sure they only able to make a living because of all their hard work and their hustle.

They washed and waxed our RV, our car, and the Harley yesterday; two men working for over three hours. They even washed the roof and the awning.

They hand dried and polished everything with these cloth rags, throwing the rags on the ground when they became too wet to work properly. You should have seen it. The ground around our RV looked like a yard sale hit by a tornado. Rags everywhere. They filled a large basket with all of the cloths when they were finished.

That's a long way of telling you, they did an excellent job. Over three hours on our RV. And we were the third RV they washed and waxed that day. Whew!

Seeing that much manual labor expended for so little money sure made me appreciate how fortunate I have been with my education and the jobs I was able to get in the computer industry.

See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map