10/22/08

Casa Grande: Water Volleyball Championship

My face is sun burnt. My toes are raw from scrapping on the pool bottom. My muscles are sore. My fingers ache from hitting the ball. And I barely made it back to the RV before a nap overtook me.


In other words: What a perfect time I had playing in the Water Volleyball Championship games today.

OK, OK, it wasn't really the Water Volleyball Championship game or even the play-offs. In fact, today's games were just part of a daily Water Volleyball competition that takes place at the main pool here in the RV resort.


OK, it's not really much of a competition. You can hit the volleyball an unlimited number of times. In fact, the same person can hit it repeatedly until they get it over the net.
The only real rules seem to be don't hit it out-of-bounds and don't let it hit the water. Otherwise, all is fair.

Water Volleyball takes place after water aerobics but before Happy Hour. And of course the card games start right after happy hour.

Tonight was Poker night however I'm in no position to lose $10 after seeing what happened to the stock market again. Every body's 401K looks more like a 201K.

In any case, MLA read and relaxed at the pool while watching me make a fool of myself. In fact, today was mail day for us. You can see MLA opening our mail sent to us by our mail service. Every week or so we get a shipment and it's like Christmas (except for the bills of course).

All in all, I feel great. Despite having played water volleyball for just over two hours, I can't wait for tomorrow.

See Ya!

1 comments:

Miche said...

Hi Dale and Mary Lynn,

John G. just turned me on to your blog. How fun!

I too am retired, but need to stay a bit closer to home with two high schoolers still at home..

For now we will live vicariously through you two and be regular reeders of your blog..

Drive safe and have a ball..

Warm Regards,

Kevin Gilroy
kevingilroy1@aol.com

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map