6/12/08

Goose Point Park, VA: Last day in Virginia (Fot A While)


Our last day and night at Goose Point Park on Lake Philpot in Virginia. In fact, if all goes well its our last day & night in Virginia for awhile. We are headed for Mountain Stream RV Park in Marion, NC.

I mapped out the directions on Google Maps and on MapQuest. Wouldn't you know they give different ways of getting to the same place? Which one is best? Who knows. But we'll get there one way or another.

Mountain Stream RV Park is a small RV Park in the mountains of North Carolina about 20 miles from Asheville and the Biltmore Estate. They give a warning about the last 5 miles before you arrive at the park -- watch out -- it's a dangerous road with lots of twists and turns. If it didn't come so highly rated by people with the same size RV's I'd avoid it; I'd be concerned we wouldn't fit. However, others have done it so we'll do it as well.

I mentioned I want to take MLA to the Biltmore Estate. Looked at their web site only to discover tickets are $45 each. Wow - I've been there before but that was paid for by the company. I did see that Dads get in free on Father's Day so we'll shoot to go there Sunday.

It's going to be the first time I've spent Father's Day without being with my kids so I anticipate that as being a little weird. I mean, who's going to insist I make pancakes for everyone to celebrate Father's Day? Who's going to insist we buy a bushel of steamed crabs to celebrate Father's Day? Who's going to ask me to grill steaks for dinner to celebrate Father's Day? Who's going to ask me to take them for ice cream to celebrate Father's Day?

Oh well, I'll figure out something. Seriously, even though MLA and I are having a great time I DO miss my kids --- just don't know what to do with all this free time!

See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map