3/17/09

Casa Grande, AZ: St. Patty's Day At A Mexican Restaurant

Tonight Mary Lynn & I had dinner with our friends Bill & Diane H, who live several streets over from us (they live in Washington state during April through September). They are one of many great couples we have had the pleasure of meeting here at Palm Creek Golf & RV Resort. I think the relationships formed here are one of the big attractions that keep people coming back season after season. RV living forces you to get outside, for games, activities, classes, etc., and it's the process of getting out of your 'shell' that allows you to make all of these great friendships.

Bill and I both enjoy water volleyball and when I was asked to play in the competitive water volleyball league I was (pleasantly) surprised to learn Bill 
was on the same team: The Pool Sharks. Great name huh? Sounds a little more aggressive than we play however all of us have a great time playing in the competitive league on Mondays and Fridays.

I find it interesting that I can play water volleyball with someone almost every day of the week for a month and then hardly recognize them when we met 'in street clothes'. The transformation from soaking wet in a bathing suit to casual (not to mention dry) clothing can make all the difference! Funny, I feel like the same person.... Mary Lynn and I ran into Bill at the laundry room twice and I hardly knew it was him. We go to the laundry room every couple of days to take advantage of a machine there that dispenses a gallon of water (created by reverse osmosis) for 25 cents a gallon. Tastes great, convenient and sure beats paying for bottled water.  

In any case, we had dinner with Bill and Diane at a local Mexican restaurant. Not the norm on St Patty's Day I realize however it was just what MLA and I needed. 

We both played Pickle Ball from 10- 2 today. At 3 I took a Pickle Ball skills improvement class however MLA said it was too hot (upper 80's) and she went to the pool for a little R&R. She said she earned it by playing two hours of pickle ball during the mid-day sun. 

After biking home after my lesson, I didn't really feel like cooking the steaks I had marinated earlier, so when Bill and invited us to go out to dinner, I was in the shower before you could say "Where are we going". 

Tomorrow I have Pickle Ball from 10-2 and then I'll go play water volleyball to cool off. Sounds like another perfect day in paradise. 

See Ya!

1 comments:

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Looks like a great resort. Spent a few weeks in Casa Grande last winter at western Horizons resort. If we go back will have to try that one. Do you need to reserve far in advance?

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map