10/15/09

Daytona Beach, FL: Bikers Stream Into Daytona

Today, Thursday, is the first official day of Biketoberfest this year. It is scheduled to go from Thursday am to Sunday evening. The number of bikers has been pretty low for the last two days however today the number of riders has swelled dramatically.

Still too soon to declare this years event a success but it's starting to look a lot better. Hopefully bikers will continue to flood into Daytona Beach -- the local economy could sure use a good jolt.

I did see a couple of good looking RV parks right on the ocean. Well, the parks didn't look all that great but the view of the Atlantic Ocean through your front windshield/living room window is killer.

Skip caused a bit of a stir back at his house in Maryland. Yesterday he went to a barber shop for a haircut and had his head shaved. Then he sent a picture of his newly naked head to his family back in Maryland.

Yep, quite a stir, quite a stir.

Truthfully, Skip's shaved head looks pretty good on him. He tried to get me to shave my head but I told him no way.

Actually I told him if I had a receding hairline like he did I would have shaved my head long ago. However I'll save shaving my head for the time when my full head of hair goes away.

Early this morning Skip and I went for a walk several miles down the beach. I'm always amazed at how may people are up and about in seaside communities. I was also amazed at how hot it was so early in the am.

On the way back we stopped for breakfast. Skip had to drag me out of the air conditioning to walk back to the condo.

Then we got cleaned up and took a nice ride north to Flagler's Beach and beyond. Great ride and wonderful scenery of the Atlantic Ocean.

See Ya!

1 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

Hey, you said the weather wasn't that good there! It sure looks alot better than the rain and 40 degree weather we are having!
Love,
ML

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map