7/10/09

Cooper Landing, Alaska: Quick Trip To Anchorage

My dear wife Mary Lynn was having withdrawals from not shopping during the last few weeks so we had to make an emergency trip to the 'big city': Anchorage.

OK, OK. The truth is, with three of our kids (well, young adults) flying in to join us for a week we needed to stock up on a few essentials at Costco & Walmart.

We had hoped to combine our shopping with picking the kids up in Anchorage however as our shopping list continued to grow it was quickly apparent we could not get the 3 kids and their luggage plus MLA & myself plus the groceries/supplies all into the CR-V. Well, I could have done it but MLA vetoed my idea of strapping one of the boys to the hood...

So we made a quick trip into Anchorage, did our shopping and then a quick trip back. Truthfully, it helped keep us busy so the day passed by relatively quickly. The anticipation of seeing the kids has MLA as giddy as a schoolgirl at the Sadie Hawkins Dance. I tell you, now would be a good time to ask her for just about anything.... however she normally says yes to any of my requests anyhow so I have everything I need and more.

All the pictures are from the Kenai River on the Kenai Peninsula. Truly one of the prettiest places in Alaska.

Oh yeah, MLA and I just joined Facebook and have been having a great time learning our way around the social networking world... it's easy to use and I've been surprised how much more you learn about what's going on with your friends and family than you do with regular e-mail. No interest in twitter at this time however Facebook is very cool!

Tomorrow the kid's flight gets into Anchorage around 7 pm; I'll have to find something to keep MLA occupied or she'll drive me crazy. Although many of my friends would tell you that driving me crazy is a short trip...

See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map