4/26/09

Torrey, Utah: Arches National Park & Moab On Tuesday; Capitol Reef Park On Monday

After a series of false starts today we pulled into Torry, Utah around 6 pm this evening. 

False Starts? How about a minor setback? Well about 30 miles after leaving our Kanab campsite this morning I just barely make out that one of the basement compartment doors is open. I quickly pull over and discover its the compartment where I store all of my tools and various hardware for any needed repairs. 

A quick scan and I realize only one item has fallen out. Of course, given Murphy's Law is always working even if I am not, the one item is a small blue canvas bag of the tools I use most frequently. Rather than dig out my big toolbox and lug it around I put the tools I most commonly use into this bag. It has/had the best tools from all my other tool sets.

So I disconnect the toad and reverse our steps thinking I should be able to find the bag. Well, the short version is, despite driving the entire 30 miles back to Kanab and then back to the RV, we did not find the canvas bag.

It either fell out and bounced down into one of the many ravines, fell into and was hidden by tall grass, or the most likely, fell along the side of the road and someone stopped to pick it up.

Oh well, if someone did (or does) find it I hope they are appreciative and able to put them to good use. 

Could have been a lot worse.

As far as our trip is concerned, we turned from long valley onto Utah Scenic 12, which has to be one of the most scenic roads in America.

Red Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Grand Staircase - Escalante National Monument, Kodachrome Basin State Park -- it just goes on and on.

Just when you think you have seem every possible color & shape combinations you turn another corner and are hit with yet another amazing vista. Every one a photo opportunity. I thought by now I was immune to these otherworldly rock formations. Hah! Now I think it's impossible to ignore the spectacular beauty of the landscape as it gets combined with the weather.

Tomorrow we should arrive in Moab, Utah where we'll spend some time at Arches National Park and Dead Horse Point State Park, which looks like a mini version of the Grand Canyon. Can't Wait!

See Ya! 

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map