6/14/08

Mountain Stream RV Park: Oh Brother Where Art Thou


Yesterday was a somewhat stressful day. Not really but hey, I'm retired and quickly becoming unaccustomed to stress at any level. Today more than made up for it by being completely stress free.

We had a good old fashioned 'gully washer' thunderstorm which meant a quiet day in the RV. It also meant I got my bike washed, finally. After the strongest part of the thunderstorm passed all I had to was move it under the awning and dry it off. Looks great and just in the nick of time; I was embarrassed by how dirty it had become riding on the back of the RV.

It then continued to rain the rest of the day; perfect for reading, organizing, surfing the web, and installing my new printer (HP of course; doing my part to drive the stock price higher). Hopefully I'll see the stock price go up Monday and my 4 shares of stock will really be worth something.

This evening, at the "Prettiest RV Park This Side of Heaven" we had a Pot Luck dinner followed by a Gospel Bluegrass band called Glory Bound. The dinner was superb; always interesting to see the different cooking styles and regional tastes. Delicious.

The band was a lot of fun. Normally MLA and I are not big fans of Bluegrass music but these folks were very entertaining and we really enjoyed ourselves.

So pretty laid back here today -- very pleased with how I reorganized all of the power cables for computers, printer, and the digital picture frame Scott gave MLA for Mother's Day. All in all a very good day.

Tomorrow we are headed (early) to the Biltmore Estate. I can't wait to show MLA; it's truly something you have to see to believe.

Well, the stream is really up and making a lot of noise -- should be great sleeping tonight. Most of the rocks in the picture above are now under water.

Until tomorrow -- See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map