3/9/08

Alva, FL: It's A Dog's Life

Beautiful if windy outside today. Every time we thought it nice enough to go to the pool the wind picked up and it felt too cool for swimming.

Went to the book exchange library here at the campground this afternoon; found a few good books and left a few good books in their place.

Found a book about a couple sailing a 69 foot boat around the world; well actually, rebuilding it around the world. Just when we thought what we are doing was 'out there', you find a true story about a family that's lifestyle is really 'out there'.

Somehow today, MLA and I never got on the same page. She wanted to do/go several places and I just didn't hear/understand. At the end of the day (perfect in my view: lots of reading and relaxing), MLA let me know how disappointed she is that we didn't go somewhere. Ouch! Felt like having to go to the principle's office when you didn't know exactly what you did wrong but you knew it wasn't going to turn out well....

Told MLA we need to work on our communications; men don't do subtle. Slap me upside the head and then tell me what you want to do; then I'll know it's important to you. Instead of "Do you want to ...." say "I want to ...., I'll be in the car waiting". Then I'll know. Nothing subtle for men.


Yesterday, while touring the Edison Ford Winter Estates, I heard a story about how Edison, after working all night would sleep in one of the guest house bedrooms rather than risk the wrath of his wife for once again, not taking proper care of himself and/or getting enough sleep. His wife reportedly said "It's his dog house for when he's in trouble; Every man should have one".

Told MLA I'd like to make it up to her. I was thinking maybe take her out to dinner or, if she is upset, I'll go to my 'doghouse' on the couch. She told me to buy her a golf cart like the one in the picture's.

See, we are still not on the same page...

Tomorrow we pull up stakes and head to the Blue Water Key RV Resort just outside of Key West. Can't wait to pull into that ocean front site, pull out the lounge chairs, pop open an adult beverage, and then carefully listen to MLA's response to my question "What do you want to do?".... Yep, I'll be listening very carefully.

See Ya.

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map