7/4/08

Hot Springs, AR: What Are The Chances of That?

MLA and I watched a movie the other day. A nice little comedy that we had not heard of previously, and for the life of me, I can't remember the name.

Doesn't matter. I do remember one scene from the movie where a guy and Albert Einstein observe some event and Albert Einstein says to the guy "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?". The guy replies "What are the chances of that?".

I was reminded of that comment "What are the chances of that?" earlier today.

Talk about a small world. Here we are ~250 miles and four hours (longer in an RV) away from Red Bay, Alabama, and who do I see out walking his dogs but someone we met in Red Bay, Alabama. Both of us were having warranty work done on our RV's.

We met Geoff & Adrienne D at Red Bay. There are a very nice Canadian couple who share their 07 42' Tiffin Allegro Bus with two very large & very friendly Golden Retrievers, Houston & Utah. They have been full timing for about 5 years and were snowbirds for a couple of years before that.

They are from Alberta plus have property on Vancouver Island where they park the RV in the fall. If you've ever been to Vancouver Island you know how spectacular the scenery is in that part of the country. They are a great couple and we enjoyed meeting/talking with them occasionally in Red Bay however we didn't think we would see them again any time soon.

I mean, there are probably 100 campgrounds within an hour of here and they end up at the same campground. What are the chances of that?

In any case it was great to run into them.

I thought there was a chance we would see fireworks this evening from our campground since it sits atop a mountain. We could hear them all around us however the trees and or other mountains blocked any view of them. Oh, well. I'll tune into the news later to get my fireworks fix.

I hope your 4th of July was a safe and happy one, with lots of fireworks!

See Ya!

0 comments:

2nd Trip: June 2008 through November 2008


View Wedding 2008 in a larger map

1st Trip -- February 2008 Through April 2008


View Dale & Mary Lynn's Travels in a larger map

Maryland to Arizona to Prince Rupert, BC


View Alaska 2 in a larger map